Stained Glass Work Space
When working on a Stained Glass project it’s important to have a well thought out and well prepared work space.
Choose a large enough workspace that will allow you and your project to spread out. A safe and comfortable work area should include:
- Large table or Workbench with a smooth, level work surface that is set at comfortable working height.
- Good overhead lighting (natural light if possible).
- At minimum, one power point with a grounded circuit for a glass grinder and/ or wet saw.
- Easy-to-clean hard surface floor.
- Racks or wooden bins with dividers to store sheets of glass. Store smaller pieces in a cardboard box.
- Good ventilation (window, fan) for when you’re working with adhesives, grouts, and cement.
- Good supply of newspaper to cover the work surface and to use for cleaning.
- Dust pan & brush to clear work surface of glass chips and other debris.
- Access to water for mixing grouts and cements and for cleaning purposes.
NOTE It’s recommended that mixing concrete be done outdoors whenever possible.